The School Board believes approves of the following School Dress Code:
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the school.
- Encourages equity among students by reducing peer pressure.
- Contributes to student safety, comfort and well-being.
- Prepares students for attendance at High School and the future as many workplaces have dress and safety codes.
- Provides a cost-effective option for parents.
The School colours of royal blue, white and navy are represented by the following items of clothing available from the Clothing Pool located at the school. Opening times are printed in the school newsletter. Any combination of these items is recognised as complying with the school dress code.
- School uniform, as indicated above, is expected. Otherwise, plain clothing that is neat, conservative and as close to the school colours as possible is required.
- Slogans, motifs, stripes, patterns, jeans, denim or black clothing are not permitted.
- Wearing of school uniform during excursions/sporting events is essential.
- For safety reasons, children should not wear any form of jewellery to school other than sleepers, or stud earrings and watches.
- Appropriate footwear needs to be worn at all times. No backless, high heeled or platform shoes, ugg boots, or rubber boots. Parents/students will be contacted if footwear is inappropriate and a safety risk.
- Hats are to be worn at all times when outdoors. Students are encouraged to wear hats in school colours which are available from the clothing pool.
- All long hair is to be tied back for health and safety reasons.
- The school is the final arbiter on what constitutes appropriate dress.